The SolarPump had a HOT DAY! (99 degrees) at the 'Austin Chronicle' Hot Sauce festival and teamed up with electic bike shop, R Martin Limited, to let the public demo electric bikes with a Solar Carbon Free Charge.
Visitors also learned about Austin's Electric Vehicle Rebate worth between $150-$500 for Austin Energy customers who buy qualifying all-electric cars, scooters, motorcycles, and bicycles from approved dealers. www.ci.austin.tx.us/cleancities/electricvehiclerebate.htm
- Zero emissions for cleaner air
- Reduced dependency on foreign oil
- More money left in your pocket — a full charge costs 50 cents or less for an electric car, and as little as three cents for an electric bicycle
- Reduced maintenance time and expenditure
- Quiet, convenient transportation around parks, universities, neighborhoods, and more